Thursday, September 10, 2009

Riding the train... those days

Those days...
After Form 5, I used to take KTM Komuter to go to Putra World Trade Center (PWTC) for PC Fairs, Education Fairs, etc. I don't know why, but my friends and I used to attend these fairs and blindly carry back all those promotional brochure. In fact, I never learn much from all those visit! :p


Since we were staying in different areas (about one or two KTM stations away, we used to time our entry just right so that we got onto the same train from our own separate stations.) This was fun! :D It felt as if, we were picking up our friends, one by one with the train.

I can remember once, we were heading to PC Fair and coincidentally, there were 2 batches of us who were going there. Group A (including me) was in the 1st train which left first and Group B was in the next train. Somehow, Group B arrived first.

Our train (Group A's) stopped for more than an hour (I can't recall exactly) right before the Kuala Lumpur station. There was no air-condition that they even open the doors for natural ventilation. About half-hour of waiting, a number of the passengers jump out and walked along the tracks to the nearest station. We didn't realised the next station was nearby - so we patiently waited.

Hence, I cannot help but agree when I saw this description in Wikipedia:
"The KTM Komuter service is notorious for keeping irregular schedules. Trains frequently develop "technical problems" and cancellations occur on a daily basis, resulting in enormous crowds at peak hours."

Anyway, later on with Light Rail Transit (LRT), I would take the KTM Komuter to Kuala Lumpur station and walk to Pasar Seni LRT before heading to the KLCC LRT stop. Have any of you managed to experience this?

Since KL Sentral was built and completed, people just need to go to KL Sentral as the interchange to the other intercity transportation conveniently.

1 comment:

SL said...

I experienced that before in KL Sentral. I think my experience was as bad if not worse than yours. Let's compare photos next time. :-)