Monday, September 14, 2009

Food Review: Wantan Mee (Restaurant Koon Kee, Damansara Uptown)

I work in Damansara Uptown. Hence, after some time, I get sick of the food around there despite having a lot of variety around. How often can you eat something that you fancy?

Occasionally, I would eat wantan mee at Restaurant Koon Kee (same row as Perodua shop or Restaurant Damansara Hokkien Mee). It's because it'll take me more than 5 minutes walk to get there. Or not, I wouldn't mind eating wantan mee rather often! :)

Usually, the place is quite full with patrons eating either chicken rice or wantan mee. However, that day, it was the first time I saw such a long queue to pack (ta pao) wantan mee as take-away. This made me think that perhaps this is a famous stall. Is it?

I was trying to take picture with my camera phone without being noticed - hence, the off-angles.


This is a sneak picture of the wantan mee I ordered for RM4.50. The difference of this wantan mee from the others I've eaten is that they serve cabbage instead of kailan. Other than that, I don't see any speciality except that the portion is sufficient for me and the 3 pieces of wantan in the small soup is kind of small for someone who loves wantan soup.

Overall, I would say that for RM4.50 - do visit this restaurant. :) However, I would like to try the night wantan mee noodles in Seapark again. I like the way the "chef" toss the noodles.

Anway, there is a new restaurant on another row of shop which charges every single ingredient of wantan mee. For example, the basic plain noodles with char siu is sold for RM4.50. Plus wantan- another 50 cents and so forth. This makes me feel weird because what is wantan mee without wantan or char siu/chicken slices? To me - it's overpriced and even smaller portion than most stalls. However, many people frequent that place.

Till then, if I remember the name of the latter restaurant, I'll update it here. :)

No comments: