Saturday, August 01, 2009

Short fingers vs Long fingers

Have you noticed that some people have longer thin fingers, while others have short stubby ones?

Well, I'm one of those people with short, stubby fingers. It is so unfair... because my brothers have long slender fingers!! Girls would prefer those slender fingers!! I do anyway..
Not my palm, googled this image.

So, what's the big deal? When I was younger, I always asked my parents, why are my fingers so short? It's definitely from their genes. (childish me then.. blaming parents.. hah!)

It was really annoying when I had to play the piano. My fingers can reach an octave maximum, and I really had to stretch my fingers! Tried playing the guitar few years back... difficult maneuver (my fingers had to do yoga. lol)

I used to think short fingers also don't really look nice wearing rings. So, pity my poor little fingers.. I always leave it bare and look down upon them; wishing I had fingers like my brothers... :P

Then, God made me realised that at least I have fingers. Some don't... but then when I noticed some other people's fingers, I tend to be thankful of my fingers.

I noticed my fingers is short, stubby and consistent. Some people have stubby fingers with shorter tips - very obvious difference. Some have even shorter fingers!

Conclusion; I don't really get so irked with my short fingers as I did when I was younger. (Despite being laugh at by people with longer fingers and bigger hands.. ahem) I'm just thankful for fingers to type these few words and hope when I do have a daughter, she'll get longer fingers so she doesn't have to complain like me. Ha!

Oh yeah, googled a bit on fingers.

"Generally, short fingered people don't need, or want, as much information from their world around them as do long fingered people. Short fingered people operate on a small amount of information plus their own "gut feelings". They are more inner directed than people with long fingers. " - Is it?? Never noticed

"Long fingers are seeking more contact with, and information from, the outer world. Long fingered people love details, need more data before forming opinions or decisions, and are outer directed. They are interested in the details of stories and events. They like to mentally take ideas and things apart, and put them back together again to better understand them before taking action."

No comments: