Thursday, October 09, 2008

The “Wicked Witch” of the Administration Department

Imagination running wild…

Say, you’re “little Dorothy”. You just arrived in a strange place.
You’re no longer at home in Kansas anymore.
You’re at work.

At work, you meet all sorts of characters from the “Cowardly Lion” to the “Heartless Robot”.

But worse, there’s the “Wicked Witch” of the Admin. Department who picks and torments you with unnecessary self-made rules which the bosses didn’t say anything about. (FYI, the elderly office secretary).


E.g. I am not allowed to have my client consultants meeting in the office’s meeting room. She even told my client off that the office’s meeting room is always occupied. (In truth, the meeting room is used once a day or none.)

I didn’t need her to make any drinks for the guest or even clear the meeting room after my meeting. I even asked permission directly from the boss to use the room since the client wanted the meeting there.

My boss told me everyone can use the meeting room but we just have to book it. I did book the room but she didn't even let me book the room, unless I personally ask the boss myself. This has been happening for a year.

Sigh.. the client is not even mine.. it is the office’s!! Sheeeeshhh… I was merely doing my job!

Therefore, sometimes I just wish I could sing this song..

"The wind began to switch - the house to pitch
and suddenly the hinges started to unhitch.
Just then the Witch - to satisfy an itch
went flying on her broomstick, thumbing for a hitch"

And oh, what happened then was rich.
The house began to pitch.
The kitchen took a slitch.
It landed on the Wicked Witch in the middle of a ditch,
Which was not a healthy situation for the Wicked Witch.

The house began to pitch. The kitchen took a slitch.
It landed on the Wicked Witch in the middle of a ditch,
Which was not a healthy situation for the Wicked Witch.
Who began to twitch and was reduced to just a stitch of what was once the Wicked Witch."

The song can be found in this clip from The Wizard of Oz starring Judy Garland. Enjoy!


Then, you wish you can just click your ruby slippers together 2 times and say, “There’s no place like home” and magically, "puff", you are safely back home.

Take note, this does not mean I wish harm on the "wicked witch" mentioned here. But, sometimes, the emotions of dissatisfaction and puzzlement of such a treatment makes me go "Arggghh.." Especially when it happens all the time!! (It must be the works of a secret society to torment me..)

Anyway, thinking of this little musical makes me laugh and forget about the disappointed treatment I received from this person who I thought was a friend.

Oh well... then I sing this little tune and grin. :)
"The house began to pitch. The kitchen took a slitch.
It landed on the Wicked Witch in the middle of a ditch.."

No comments: