Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Caveman - the ONE?

Little girls dream of meeting their prince charming or knight in shining armour someday. We, of the female sex, despite attaining independence and freedom, still wish to be with someone who will love and cherish us till death do us part.

In reality, this dream is hard to accomplish. In fact, the process of meeting the ONE is also another story by itself. I never did really wish for the right guy or my prince charming. Being so practical and realistic, I did imagine I will have a boyfriend, get married and settled down someday.

In my mind, I just imagined a blur image of a man. Because of this, I only had one requirement for my other half. I just wanted someone who could communicate well with me. Someone who can understand me and vice versa.

My friend shared with me her version of her prince charming. She told me that her man is like a caveman. She has not met him yet because he is still in the cave. God is still nurturing and letting him mature before they both meet each other... Awwww.. you have such a sweet notion. :)

I believed I have met my caveman who is still in his cave. Ha ha.. I'm going to get into trouble for saying this. In fact, I am his cavewoman too. I still have so much more to learn and be mature about. My spritual walk is that of a toddler. I have so much more I want to learn and know. (An illustration of my interpretation of the caveman evolution to the ONE.. :p)

In fact, thinking through now, it is good that my friend thinks of her one as a caveman. It tells me she is concern of his character more than anything else as the image of a caveman is someone who is unruly and unkempt. On the other hand, the image of Prince Charming would be related to good looks and heroism.


I applaud movies like Shrek and Ever After which break free from the stereotype images of Prince Charming!

If the media could portray a better symbol of the male sex to young girls, perhaps we would not have so many heartbreaks, break-ups, separation and divorces!! Imagine how much tissue paper and tress we would have saved in the process!

No comments: