Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Job Hunting

I have been very tempted to hunt for a new job. People told me from middle of last year that the market is good for my field since lacking of them! However, I stayed on...

Now, after some petty misunderstanding and got blown-off by the secretary, I am tired. Emotionally tired. I am tired of petty arguments from unclear procedures. I am tired of mollycoddling the clients and doing things beyond the job description because "They are the client. Anything goes." Sigh.

So then I start my mantra again... dreaming that I can run away from all this.. far far away to Neverland. Poof! There goes that dream..

In the heat of anger, I started asking my friends for contacts of firms who were hiring. Here I am now, tempted to apply new jobs just because I am emotionally tired. Wouldn't I be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire? I know most firms are hiring because they have work to do beyond their current capacity of staff. In other words, I'll be jumping straight into a frenzy of work.

If I kept on thinking and worrying, I'll never decide or do anything. I'll have to trust that God has a purpose for me wherever I am destined to go. So here I am, finally after 1 year of wondering, I am sending my cv out to other firms.

The finality of my decision creeps me out!!

p.s. I have yet to send out any cv till today (13/5/2008)... *hesitant*

No comments: