Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Post World Cup: Missing the Vuvuzelas.

I've never heard of this word "Vuvuzelas" till World Cup 2010 in South Africa.


When I first heard the sound on the tv, I thought it was the crowd cheering loudly or playing some gadgets. I didn't realised they were horns (vuvuzelas).

Hence, during the entire world cup, my house is filled with the sound of vuvuzelas... uuuuuuuuuhhhhh...

Initially, it was kind of annoying. After sometime, I sort of got numbed by it. In fact, now when the World Cup 2010 ended, I wonder if anyone misses the vuvuzelas. If you do, go to this link to click on it. It's something that you either love it or hate it. (It helps that I'm not in the stadium with the loud deafening sound)

I have to admit, I never watch any of the matches except a glimpse of the controversial "goal" that England should have gotten. However, I shall remember World Cup 2010 because of the vuvuzelas in South Africa and not that Spain won! lol  ;)

No comments: