Thursday, October 15, 2009

Follow your instincts

I haven't been checking my car for sometime now. I think I haven't pumped air into the tyres for sometime too. Hence, yesterday, I had a feeling I should pump air into the car's tyres.

After work, I drove home (feeling too tired to go for lessons) and stopped at Petronas petrol station to check my tyres.

I pumped air into the front right tyres successfully.

Then I moved on the the rear right tyres and tried to pump the air. Nothing happen.

It was only then I noticed the tyre was partially deflated. (Aiks? When did that happen? Must be too tired from work.. ) I had some bad experience with the air pump machine in Petronas being faulty so I was confused... was it my tyre or the machine?

An attendant was walking towards me and I asked him to check for me..
He helped to pump my deflated tyre and the rest of the tyres, enough for me to drive home. I thought I needed his help to change to my spare tyre but I wasn't sure if it was punctured or not. (I wished I had a smaller change to give to the attendant as a token of appreciation... oh well, thank you so much for helping a damsel in distress)

I reached home safely and got my dad to check my tyre for me. He suspected it was punctured. The next day at the workshop, we found a 2 inch long nail embedded to that tyre.

Thank God, my instincts and the Holy Spirit prompted me to check my tyres. Thank you, Lord! :)

Lesson to share with you: When you feel you need to do something, just do it! Don't question it. There is a reason for it. So please follow your instincts!

As a side note, I would like to say I feel very blessed and thankful that God sent me a guardian angel everytime I drive on the road. :)

No comments: