Wednesday, February 25, 2009

When it hurts...

I feel lonely. In a crowded room, sometimes I look around all those unfamiliar faces and feel so alone.

In fact, you could be hanging out with a bunch of best friends or with one close friend and still feel lonely.

It hurts to feel that empty void inside of you. Most of us mistakenly seek companionship to feel that empty void. I can reassure you, it does not work. After sometime, the chattering of your friends start to irked you or perhaps, that so-called-companion will never seem around for you.

When it hurts, you feel dejected, lonely and absolutely miserable. Instead, we should not be like that. We should learn to be "alone" but not entirely alone because there is always a greater companion nearby who we take for granted.

I honestly feel I always forget that He is nearby. Remember the "Footprints" story? It illustrates how blind we can be, when we foolishly seek the worldly ways instead of God's ways. We forgot that God is always there for us.

For remember, the scripture in Matthew 6:33 says, "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Hence, when you feel lonely, talk to God and without you realising, your loneliness will just suddenly drift away. :)

Footprints

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking
Along the beach with the Lord.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene,
He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to him, and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
He looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life
There was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened
At the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him
And he questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord, You said that once I decided to follow You,
You'd walk with me all the way.

But I have noticed that
During the most troublesome times in my life,
There is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when I needed
You most you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
When you see only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... very meaningful...

I like the design of your blog heading. Very cute piggies.....

PiggiYing said...

Hmm... the "Footprints" is meaningful. :)

Thanks... the heading still childish though.. haha. Can't run from that.