I bought this little black book (15cm X 10cm – yes, I measured) about half a decade ago, right after I graduated.
It literally is called, “Little black book for graduates” and it literally, is little and black in colour with about 200 pages.
Give me some credit; at least I can finish a book, even though the thinnest and littlest book. Lol.
It really is a little advice/guidance book based on Biblical scriptures on 6 areas of our lives: education, career, cash, God, marriage and challenges.
It is already concise and in point form, but I will share one point from each topic which is beneficial to anyone at any age.
3 Qualities of a Great Leader
1. Ask questions
When you are around people who know more than you, ask them lots of questions. Then, shut up and listen.
2. Be teachable
Someone once said, "It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." There isn't anyone that knows everything. That means there's more for you to learn.
3. Have passion
One time a student of philosophy asked his teacher how he could become a man of great wisdom.
The teacher said, "Follow me and I will show you."
The teacher waded into the ocean and the student followed him
The wise teacher held his young pupil under water until the student began to kick and fight his way to the surface.
The student gasping for air asked, "What did you do that for?"
The wise teach replied, "When you want wisdom as much as you wanted air, you will find it."
3 Keys to Sound Career Decisions
1. Realise your work alone will never bring true happiness (Matt. 6:33)
2. Don't be hasty or impulsive in your decision (Eccl. 5:2)
3. Never leave one assignment without a concrete plan for the next.
4 Keys to Effective Budgeting and Saving
1. Know exactly where you are today (the goals is to have more income than expensies)
2. Determine to live below what you earn
3. Live by the 10% rule (10% savings/ investment every month)
4. Don't forget to tithe (Mal.3:10)
3 Mistakes Graduates Make in their walk with God
1. They believe the lie that they can keep a strong relationship with God without consistent church attendance (Heb. 10:25)
2. They slip spiritually, accept condemnation, and quit. (Rom. 8:1)
3. They allow relationships to develop that are not equally yoked spiritually (2 Cor. 6:14)
3 Things Marriage won't do for you
1. Remove sexual temptation from your life
2. Eliminate loneliness
3. Fix all your problems
5 Obstacles you must overcome to grow financially
And my advice to graduates, good luck! There is no full-proof plan because you will never want to listen to those advice from the "gurus" till you learn it yourself the hard way.