Thursday, July 09, 2009

My LURVE affair with "A Twist in the Tale""

Yes, I’m one of those people who love languages and English enthralls me. The expression of words always makes my fingers rattle on some silly descriptions and stories. It’s like when I start writing, I’ll continue on with something or even just a doodle if I stumped. It’s like humming a tune in words.

Hence, I like the concept of "A Twist in the Tale", a collection of short stories by Jeffrey Archer. He tells you a tale and gives it a sudden unexpected twist at the end. Another example would be the movie: Sixth Sense. Here comes my sample.


The sudden whiff of perfume emanates my senses as I entered the room. It was something I have never smelled and felt before. I glanced from afar and peek around. What is this smell that grips my heart?

Suddenly, I heard a sound. The sound made my heart go cold. Oh, no! Someone has beaten me to it. I can almost feel my heart sinking below my stomach in agony. I try to regain my senses before my legs gave way.

I was only a few steps away and I can see that I am too late. The other person is happily devouring the precious item which I longed for. I opened out my mouth to stop him but then he said, “Aiya. No more already.”
I was devastated.

He turned up and saw me.

“Oh, hi! Was this yours?” He smiled sheepishly at me.

I gave him a look that could even make the Ice Queen freeze. That was when; he pulled it out and showed me the precious item I was dying for. . .

“Munch munch munch”. We happily munch away another packet of Twisties Lurve multigrain chips.

I said to him, “Don’t you ever steal my snacks again. Next time, I’ll pummel you paper spit balls that you won’t believe it was not rain!”



What's your LURVE Affair?

Do you have a passion in life? Something you're totally in LURVE with?

1. Write a blog post titled "My LURVE Affair with XXX" in your blog.
2. Upon completing your blog post, kindly send an email to lurveaffair@nuffnang.com with details of yourself such as your full name, IC number, contact number and the permalink of your written blog post.
3. Kindly state the following in your email "I've read the Terms & Conditions of this contest and will adhere to it". Failure to provide this statement in your email will result in a disqualification of entry.

The judging criterion is as such:

1. Creative content of LURVE Affair - 70%
2. Creative integration of LURVE into the story - 15%
- LURVE multigrain chips
- Healthier snacking
3. Posting creative pictures featuring LURVE pack - 15%

Based on the creativity of their blog entries, 6 bloggers will be shortlisted for an audition with 8TV.

3 bloggers will be selected to shoot their Lurve Affair video. They will be interviewed on TV and given a chance to campaign for their Lurve Affair video

The Lurve Affair video with the highest number of votes on the Lurve Facebook Fanpage will win the Grand Prize - a Mac Book Pro (13" - 2.26GHz)!!

For more details, head along to this link.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

wahahahah.... nice concept :)
snacking & guilty of it!

I do hope it's not the usual popular bloggers that they're going to select. Give newbies a chance to!