Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hitting the "3-0".

I can't believe I'm 30. I no longer feel that I took my SPM exam recently but more like I graduated from university not too long ago. In fact, it's been half a decade of working years since then. Time flies as usual and I've learned to "live life a little" and splurge on myself.

How I celebrated my 30th Birthday?
1. Close friends treated me to dinners. :)
Yes, it's all about food, quality time together and celebrating life. I'll write a review of all the food next week. Thank you all dear friends.


2. Diamond are a girl's best friend.
My "alphabeth buddies" decided to get me little sparkles to commemorate my age. Just nice, I was thinking of extending my earrings collection. Thanks gals! :)

3. A short break from work
A weekend over in Langkawi to unwind for 2012. However, weather wasn't really on our side but still it was refreshing. Thanks dearie!

4. Fragrance
My long time perfume, 'Anna Sui-Secret Wish Magic Romance' has finally finished and I was looking for a replacement. Actually, I thought of getting 'Lancome Tresor In Love' but my brother said I shouldn't and get something nicer for myself. It shows I like something more flowery and light but I find the stronger ones can be offensive if accidentally over-sprayed on.

Hence, after a few sprays around -I ended up with Chanel Eau Tendre.
"CHANCE, the country’s bestselling fragrance family, reveals its newest facet, CHANCE EAU TENDRE. CHANEL Master Perfumer Jacques Polge reimagines the decidedly young scent in a constellation of tender and vibrant notes, at once delicate and airy, with an intoxicatingly light, fruity trail. "



A side note, I didn't really checked the prices in KL when I bought the perfume in Langkawi Airport. It ended up the same price. Lol


5. Skincare
I've reduced my budget to Pharmacy skincare but I couldn't help splurging today to try SK-II Pitera Essence Set. I overhead some colleagues talking about a trial set and saw it in Female magazine too.

It retails at RM199 for 1 facial treatment essence (75ml), 1 facial treatment clear lotion (40ml) and 1 facial treatment mask. The cleanser was a sample thrown in for my birthday. lol


6. Air ticket for 2012 holiday
Can't believe I finally did it.. can't wait to go but most of all, need to stop splurging to save for this trip!

7. Ipad2
I secretly wished for an Ipad2 when it came out. My elder brother has an Ipad. Then my younger bro bought it immediately after it launched but I still held on. Thank God... my loved ones knew my desire and my mum told me she wanted to get one for me.

However, when I saw this idea competition, I told myself, "What if I won myself an Ipad2 instead". I thanked God for helping me persevere and not backing out the very last minute of finishing my design to submit. When my friend told me I won... I couldn't believe it but secretly thank God for fulfilling my wish. This is definately from You, Lord! You heard my wishes too and my desire not to trouble my loved ones to get it for me. :)  Thanks to my bf for his support and buying the accessories for my new toy! :)



9. Racer-back Tank Tops
Ironically, when I was in my 20's, I always thought I was fleshy and didn't wear sleevelss or tight fitting clothes. Now I am 30, I want to wear them.

So here I am with flabby arms and more obvious muffin-tops, I decided I want to wear racer-back tank tops. I even decided to embrace getting size "L" instead of hoping to lose weight to look better in all my size "M" tops. My bf got me a few - I chose and he just paid it. Lol


* FYI, F.O.S. sells 3 tops for RM30. One top retails at RM13.90. However, there is a promotion currently which to celebrate Malaysia day. So I got these 3 tops for only RM21. That makes it RM7 each. Wow!
F.O.S is giving an additional 30% discount exclusively to 
F.O.S beloved Facebook Fans & Twitter Followers

Just show this voucher on your smartphone 
at the cashier counter when you are ready to pay
If you don't have a smartphone, print out the voucher,
including the barcode below, & show it to them

*Terms & conditions apply*
*Valid for 3 days only*
*Ends September 18, 2011*


****

In short, as I head out for another birthday dinner. I thank God for loved ones, close friends and best of all, the favours God has always showered me from the very beginning. I pray the 30's will be an eventful decade whereby I can be more fruitful to God and a good influence to others around me.

No comments: