Monday, December 22, 2014

Celebrating Christmas with a Toddler



I felt the need to bring my son to public places or where there are more people. Alas, I can’t help that he has no cousins his age to play with and is always surrounded by adults. 

The most I thought, perhaps we can bring him to the crowd to feel the festivity of the moment.


In fact, not sure about other single child, my heart aches when I see him trying to trod after other children playing in shopping malls but they never bothered with him. (why should they with an unknown kid?) We tried sending him to Kindermusic which is just a 45minutes session with some other children his age but half the time, it takes him to warm up and get used to the classes.

We haven’t manage to attend church regularly for his sake to make more friends so attending church with no friends is also a little sad for a lonely child.

However, I do hope he will not grow up feeling lonely. Young children have so much hope, joy and excitement within them that their eyes just sparkle with so much energy. I love looking into the eyes of my son and see his expression to all the “firsts” things he see and experiences he go through.

We adults have live a jaded realistic life and forgot how to sit back and experience the moment. While I am busy cleaning around my son, I try to take time and sit back and look at him smile, grin, laugh and throw a tantrum in frustration when the duplo parts doesn’t come out… and wish life was more simple sometimes.

I wish this Christmas a blessed, joyous one with lots of laughter to every single child (even adults with their forgotten inner child). Let loose your loud funny laugh. Let loose your need to run into the spray of water. Remember it doesn’t matter that you get dirty, enjoy the moment and live!



Merry Christmas to all!:)

Do take the opportunity to have your family picture taken this Christmas. I have gotten 3 free photo prints for this Christmas season from shopping malls. :)

No comments: