As the day quickly creeps nearer, I now need to recheck back if I've missed out on some items for my baby shopping list. I didn't literally keep track of the shopping items but off-hand I do know what I have bought and did not. Items not bought highlighted in RED!
1. Breast pump (already narrowed down to a model but is only allowed to try it at 36 weeks so since no hurry - will only get next month)
2. Cooler bag and ice bricks (to get it together with the breast pump - some comes together as free gift or as a package)
3. Breast pad (a friend sold off 2 big boxes of her disposable breast pad to me) and I bought one organic reusable breast pad. Should be enough for now.
4. Nipple cream (a good friend gave me her brand new Medela nipple cream since she didn't use it. A colleague told me to start applying a week before delivery to "toughen" the nipple... lol)
5. Breastmilk storage (same friend who overbought stuff sold me 2 boxes of bumble bee breastmilk storage bottle - should be enough for now.)
6. Breastmilk collection shells (Was told Medela milk collection shells is very good - so I bought a box during the last baby fair in Midvalley at 20% discount for RM62!)
7. Nursing pillow (I wasn't sure I should buy or not but since I was at My Dear Warehouse sales recently- it was sold at RM50 and my friend told me to grab it. I salivate when I saw My Best Friend pillow but it costs hundreds!!)
Healthcare & Hygine
1. Grooming set (Comb, nail clipper, scissors) - I bought the nail clipper, scissors set from Mothercare at 20% discount and the comb, brush set at another clearance sale at 50% discount.
2. Medicine set (Medicine Dropper, Medicine Syringe) Haven't bought - wonder if my baby's uncle can sponsor.. this shouldn't be that expensive.. lol
3. Nasal Aspirator (Do I need this?? Need to ask around)
4. Oral care kit (What to get for this? Was told to use a soft cloth to wipe baby's teeth and gum first.. will ask around)
5. Thermometer (was reading a little about this: brands recommended are Braun, Microlife and Beurer. My friend told me when she delivered it was given as part of her delivery package but not sure if it applies to my center or not)
1. Stroller/ travel system (Hubby has eyed on one system during year end.. wondered if the promotion is still valid or not. Since baby will be small and not going anywhere with me, we decided to get it few months down the road)
2. Infant car seat (Was told I need this to bring baby back from hospital, send to baby sitter etc. I sort of saw something within the budget of baby things I could get as a gift from the office. Initially was stalking high and low for a decent 2nd hand infant car seat. Then found out car seat has expiry dates! Not supposed to use those more than 6 years old. Someone offered me their old Graco car seat but it is 10 years old!! I politely declined)
3. Baby Sling (Didn't intentionally buy this but a mummy booked a slightly defected soft structure carrier-Babykool G2 for only RM100. I needed to buy new belts for RM20 since the original one was cut off)
4. Diapers bag (Bought one at MyDear warehouse sale for RM30 but I think could be a little small.. lol)
5. Fold and go changing mat (Bought one at Mothercare for 70% off)
6. Sunshades (? Need to read up on this)
7. Infant head support (Bought this for RM30 at MyDear Warehouse sale)
8. On the Go bottle warmer (not necessary at the moment)
9. Portable Baby Bed (?? Not necessary at the moment)
This list has the most outstanding items compared to the clothing etc.. Wish me luck or perhaps getting gifts? Lol..