Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Chestnut roasting on the open fire...

Tis the season to be jolly... sha la la la la, la la la la...

Yes, it's Christmas time again.

Wow... time sure flies. I thought I celebrated Christmas recently. Another year passed by ever so quickly.

I start to ask myself...
What have I accomplished? *peeking at my 2008 new year's resolution* Err..
Have I even accomplished anything?
What was the most significant and memorable moment that has happened to me?
Then I think about Christmas and shove all these aside.
As the Christmas trees and decoration go up, merry people get busy shopping for Christmas presents. Shopping malls perk up with festive events to boost sales. Everyone seems happy and jolly with the numerous holidays creeping up. It's like magic! A bubble temporarily covers everyone in a joyous mood just for this festive season.

A note to myself, this will last for a few weeks and when 2009 comes about, everyone will sober up and dread another year of uncertainty and the unpaid credit card bills from overshopping at the end of the year.

However, good to know, January brings Chinese New Year and the happy bubble will last another month before February kicks in with reality.

In the mean time, do you really know what Christmas really mean? No, it's not about Santa Claus giving present to good little boys and girls. No, it's not about Christmas trees or reindeer.

It's suppose to remind us of the time Jesus Christ our saviour was born.
Who is He? Go and google yourself or just drop me a message! :p

No comments: