Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ending the year of 2010

It is almost that time of the year again. Christmas time then New Year 2011. I can't believe that time really passes in a blink when we're stuck in the working world. It's scary to look back and realised that you're no longer that young teenager just fresh out of school.

Let's see.. how should I treat the beginning of 2011?

Some take this as a time of reflecting and others a new beginning.
Resolutions are made again - either carry-forwards from the previous years or new ones.
(I need to refresh some old ones and I have in mind of some really important ones)

It's time to do your income tax again (groan)
It's time to dread adding another year to your age.
Or it's a time for celebration that you can live here another year with your loved one.
It's also time to give thanks for all the grace and favours God has showered over me and my loved ones.
It's time to remember the purpose in life...

I guess I've back-slided over this year based on feelings of rejection and bitterness. Some might say I oversensitive, emotional and that one should always learn to forgive. But.. you and I know, these things are always easier said than done.

Hence, for 2011, I pray Lord for your grace. So that I can learn to forgive and forget. Then continue to move on with my walk with You. Lets us run the race so that we can end it with a bang for the Lord!

Then we can tell the Lord that "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." (2 Timothy 4:7- NIV)

No comments: